18 September 2014

A little further

Last night, I went and bought the rest of the parts I need to finish up everything but the bases for the poles: a cap and eyehook for the top of the second pole (to attach the antenna) and eight eyehooks to screw into each pole for guying.  The bases can hold the poles just fine but guying will make them a lot more stable and safe if I'm going to be using them for more than an hour or two.


I checked into the local SKYWARN training net tonight using the "emergency" J-pole I built out of 400-ohm antenna wire.  It seems to work just fine.  I haven't checked the SWR on it but the radio isn't complaining.


Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get on the air again.  Should be great weather for operating outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment